Sunday, 31 May 2009

What year are we living in?

Everything goes bad in London. Strawberry Jam? Mold. Cheese? Mold. 

Things seem to get a lot molder in London which I wouldn't mind except that the mold is growing on my things. I turned up the setting on the fridge and I hope that will help some of the food last longer. Because I don't think my wallet could afford all this mold. 

On another note, I got sucked into watching Britain's Got Talent on Saturday night. I must admit that I didn't want to watch it at first but I couldn't stop laughing. I finally got to see Susan Boyle since everyone keeps talking about her. I'm not sure if I am happy with the winner but eh at least it wasn't Susan Boyle. 

Today I went to the taste of Spain where I didn't get to taste any Spanish food :\. There were a lot of people but not a lot of action. We went to different tents but left empty handed.  We thought we had scored a free "refreshment" in this store that was housing a band playing spanish food but just as we approached the front of the line.. yup they ran out of this "refreshment." At this point we decided to fork over some money for some tapas and sangria. But upon arriving at this restaurant, we discovered that they weren't serving any more tapas.. a restaurant not serving food?! 

We ended up going to another restaurant nearby that didn't have anything to do with Spanish food but knew how to cook up Portuguese chicken. The portions were small considering the price but I have to admit, its been the best chicken I've had. For some reason I have found the chicken here to be rubbery. Then we went to Camden Market... the place that stole my heart and my wallet. Camden Market is like the hippy/goth scene. It also has this amazing arts and crafts market, it was so big!!! And I didn't even get to see all of it. I ended up walking away with this really cute coin purse that had a kitty sticking out of it. I also bought THREE yes THREE beautiful scarfs. I am usually really cheap but I just couldn't resist this time around. I have Friday off and I think I'm going to go back to the market because it has so many food vendors and arts and crafts that I still have to explore. 

No comments:

Post a Comment